Monday, March 3, 2014

#PROJECTMOVEOUT : Great People...

Great people talk about ideas.
Average people talk about things.
Small people talk about other people.


Great people don't say "I'm not going to do it because they didn't." Great people say, "I'm going to do it because this may potentially produce change."

I personally find it pathetic that there are people who think so small. Allowing others' actions dictate what they do. And I don't mean peer pressure to choose strawberry ice cream over chocolate. I mean really heavy stuff.

Often I am told I have natural leadership qualities. And I see it. When I'm passionate about something, I make other people aware. I don't allow others' convictions to steer mine. Thankfully (but sometimes annoyingly) I have close friends who are the same with theirs. This challenges us to be even greater than what we already are.

With that said, I want to take this time out to encourage everyone to stand up and stand their own ground. Don't worry what someone else is doing. Worry about what you're doing. I remember when my mother used to tell my brother and I just that. He'd be mad and say, "Well she isn't doing it." And my mom would say "Don't worry about what she's doing," And she's right, there was no relevance. Focus on yourself and your quality of work will be better. Your influence will be contagious. You will make a difference even without the intention to.

Pay attention to what you're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment