Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 5: Soham Dave

"The name 'Soham' is one of the most powerful universal mantras of mediation. This mantra is unconsciously repeated each time one takes a breath-- inhaling 'so,' and exhaling 'ham.' It translates to 'I am that'-- suggesting the possibilities beyond the limitations of mind and body, at being at one with the absolute."

Photographed by RC3Design
Designer: Soham Dave

Photographed by RC3Design
Designer: Soham Dave
Photographed by RC3Design
Designer: Soham Dave


 That sums up my experience at that Fashion Show and about the collection. I sat there calm and relaxed at the Empire Hotel Rooftop. Maybe it was because it was my last scheduled show for this week, or maybe it was because of how the event was put together. The music wasn't too loud. The crowd was intimate. In my opinion, the setting was PERFECT and professional. The people were polite, as well as the staff! Have I said how much I loved the Empire Hotel after this experience? Overall, everything seemed really... comfortable. Was probably my favorite experience this week, but in everyone else's defense, that's cause I'm a laid back kind of girl. 

Eco Fashion will probably increase in popularity as people try to lessen their carbon footprint. But right now, this line has found a way to to be green and fashionable at the same time. I think their clothing is wearable by any type of woman.

Spotted: Before the Soham Dave Show, I went to Lincoln Center for a little bit. (I guess I missed the atmosphere.) And as I was talking to my friend, I locked eyes with Jonathan Cheban. Cause we were staring at each other accidentally, I said "Hi" then continued speaking to my friend. Haha Yes, very awkward. And I assumed he was off to support Betsey Johnson, and apparently I was correct.
Jonathan Cheban via Twitter




No comments:

Post a Comment